Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable register button on main portal screen

Marco Mangiante May 3, 2021

Hello,

what I'd like to do is to see on the portal screen, the dialog that shows the possibility to register for a customer. Now I only see the email textbox to fill and not a "Register" button where a customer can insert his mail and password to create a new customer portal account.

jira service management login #1.png

What I found is this link on the documentation, Enabling public signup and CAPTCHA | Administering Jira applications Data Center and Server 8.16 | Atlassian Documentation but it seems related to the datacenter version and not on the cloud.

I like to see something like this:

jira service management login #2.png

but if I click on "Vai a Interactive Media" and I have choosen the "Anyone on the web" in "Customer Permission" project page, I see the projects, while I'd like that people register them, that an agent approve and choose the right project.

Any suggestion?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marco Mangiante May 4, 2021

Hello @Angélica Luz 

thanks for you reply. My screenshot are after I enabled what you highlights in your reply; I don't know why but I see this  

jira service management login #3.png

and not the generic dialog with "Log in to Help Center"; also, as you can see, I have a link to "Vai a Interactive Media" and your dialog there is no link: what do you think is the option that enabled that link?

If I set instead the permission on Service Management project on “Customers added by agents and admins” and leave “Customers added by agents and admins” with yes checked I have this dialog

jira service management login #4.png

without any link.

Any help is appreciated.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2021

Thank you for the details, Marco.

The "Vai a Interactive Media" appears because of the option “Can customers access and send requests from the help center  without logging in?” > Yes.

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 15.19.46.png

With both of the options enabled, customers can create their accounts, but they can also view the portal without having an account.

To have only the option for them to create the account without the "Vai a Interactive Media", option, you need to select “No” on the option to access the portal without logging in.

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 15.23.53.png

Marco Mangiante May 5, 2021

Hello @Angélica Luz 

thanks for your invaluable support; now understand some things, but I haven't the result that I was waiting for.

My desired flow (and it seems that it is possible to do so) is: dialog where a new portal customer can fill with user and password and then an agent manually assign a project to that customer; I followed you suggestion, so I have:

jira service management login #5.png

in the global config permissions option, and then, for every project, I set "Customer permissions" as this:

jira service management login #6.png

Now, I see the login dialog:

jira service management login #4.png

while I was expeting "your" dialog; what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2021

Thank you for testing and sharing the screenshots, Marco.

I tested here and it’s necessary to let at least one project with the Customer permission “Anyone on the web”, otherwise, customers won’t be able to create their accounts.

What can be done, in this case, is to create a project with no request types visible, so customers will be able to create accounts, but they will land on a project where they can’t create tickets and then, the agent can add them manually to the desired project.

Marco Mangiante May 6, 2021

Hello Angélica,

thanks for your great support; with your help, now I see this:

jira service management login #7.png

Great :-) one last question, but I think that teh answer is obvious: if I assign the new portal customer to another site, the customer see both, and I suppose they have to see both and it is not possible to idea that site that I used to register it, because they are automatically associated with that site.

Thanks a lot.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
May 6, 2021

Hi Marco,

I’m glad that I could help!

When the permission is set to “Anyone”, it means that new customers and also existing customers and users (this includes Jira Software and Confluence licensed users) will be listed as a customer in the project.

If there are private/closed JSM projects and you manually add a customer there, they will be automatically added to the open project as well, so yes, they will see both in the portal.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
May 4, 2021

Hello @Marco Mangiante,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

It’s possible to allow a customer to create their accounts in Jira Cloud as well. For that, you need to go to Cog icon > Products > Configuration and on “Can customers create their own accounts?”, select “Yes, by signing up or sending a request.”

Also, on each Service Management project, it’s necessary to let the customer permission to “Anyone on the web”, so once they log in, they can view the portals.

Here are the screens customers will see once you enable the options I mentioned:

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 10.57.54.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 10.58.08.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 10.59.17.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 10.59.59.png

While I'd like that people register them, that an agent approve and choose the right project.

This is not possible. Customers will be able to create their own accounts and it’s not possible to approve or decline their accounts. Once it’s created, they will be able to access the projects that have the permission “Anyone on the web” or, if the permission is set to “Customers added by agents and admins”, then the agent will have to manually add the customer on the customer’s page.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events