Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embeding the Jira service Desk widget in our product

Bhavna Sharma December 23, 2020

Hi , 

I am trying to use the widget code in our product to have our customer create a Service ticket directly. 

<script data-jsd-embedded data-key="ec151d85-5a74-4b37-a3c3-e66a81fffe03" data-base-url="https://jsd-widget.atlassian.com" src="https://jsd-widget.atlassian.com/assets/embed.js"></script>

The above code is generated for the project we want to create a ticket for.  Once this code is embedded in HTML, how shall we invoke the Widget ticket creation process on a button click? 

Regards

Bhavna

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2020

Have you reviewed the docs - embed-a-widget-onto-a-web-page ?

basically when you embed the JS into your webpage then a ? Icon will appear in bottom right corner. 

Bhavna Sharma December 23, 2020

Thanks Jack,

I did see that solution you shared and from that link, I got this way to generate the Script for the widget.  Probably, what we are looking for is at to be able to create a new ticket with a click of a button and not a floating ? icon as in our product we already have one.  By the way even the? the icon doesn't appear, probably our product might be suppressing it. 

But as I said, we are looking to have a code in a way that it can trigger on a button click and create a new ticket from our product. As shared in a snapshot in my original snapshot. 

Doable? 

Regards

Bhavna

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2020

it appears that your "?" is simply represented by "Contact us" as that is how you configured it in the Widget config. In any event, it appears that you don't want the Widget solution so here are the other options I could offer:

1. use the APIs and implement the solution you want right into your webpage
  2. simply have a "create ticket" icon on your page that resolves to an email and use the email channel feature to create a new ticket. user just enters subject and body.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events