Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails not getting triggered when a customer is added in a specific project in JSM

shrikant maheshwari June 9, 2021

Hi All,

I am using the below API to add a customer in a specific project in JSD but there is no email trigger to that customer .

https://serverIP/rest/servicedeskapi/servicedesk/projectkey/customer

On the other hand when i am adding a customer manually by going to customers option in the project settings  and clicking on ADD Customers and providing the email id, the email gets triggered to the new customer added and they receives the below email -

Hi,

XXX has invited you to the Sandbox Shrikant portal!
Visit the portal to raise requests and get help.

Could someone please let me know why the emails are not getting triggered when calling through API.

1 answer

0 votes
Craig Shannon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2021

Hi @shrikant maheshwari 

Thanks so much for your question.

The reason that an email is not send via the add customer REST API call that you are using is that by design when adding a customer via this mechanism emails are not triggered. On the REST API documentation this behaviour has been documented.

When you add a customer via the UI, this uses a different internal REST API and service to trigger an email to the customer and invite them to join the project. This is an internal API, so using it does come with the caveat that breaking changes could be made to the endpoint without notification, but it doesn’t mean you cannot use it, just that you use it at your own risk 🙂.

The POST endpoint is: 

/jira/rest/servicedesk/1/pages/people/customers/pagination/{projectKey}/invite

And the payload is a list of Strings (email addresses) to be added, e.g.

{
 "emails": ["customer@mycustomer.com", "customerTwo@mycustomer.com"]
}

Thanks,

Craig

Jira Service Management

ps. if this answer is correct, please select the ‘accept answer’ button

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events