Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails not be added as comments from reporters on certain servicedesk projects

Mercy Shitemi October 15, 2020

We are having issues where emails from reporters are not being added as comments. The emails are just sitting in the mailbox unread. The projects are setup such 

• issues can be created via email. this part is working
  • the email requests address is different from the outbound emails (this is what reporters respond to)
  • the projects creates customer accounts for anyone who submits a request via email

This is causing issues with responding to requests. 

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2020

can you check the email logs and see if it provides any clue? I'm not sure where this is in Server. In Cloud it is under project settings > email requests

Mercy Shitemi October 15, 2020

I checked the incoming mail logs but I don't see any errors mentioned. I see successful connections to our incoming mail channels but the address that reporters respond to is our outgoing address which is different from the incoming address

I also just realized that this mailbox is a shared mailbox. Would that have any impact?

Thank you,

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2020

bingo. just say no to "shared emails". they will not work or rather they will give you problems. there are a number of posts in the Community on this if you care to search/read.

Mercy Shitemi October 16, 2020

Hello Jack. I converted the account to a user mailbox and tested the connection and i am getting this error

AuthenticationFailedException: 535 5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful [xxxx.xxxx.prod.outlook.com]

I confirmed that i am able to log into that mailbox with the credentials added to the outgoing mailbox setup in Jira.

If i remove the tls check box then the test connection works perfectly. if i enable it i get the error above. So,

• how can i identify what version of tls jira is using for the smtp connection
  • how can i update it?

Thanks

Mercy Shitemi October 17, 2020

Hello Jack,

Is there a way to pull emails and add them as comments to tickets without using mail handlers? or must i use mail handlers?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events