Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails are appearing to be reprocessed and creating duplicate issues

That Guy October 3, 2019

Hi there,

Since we've had JIRA Service Desk we have had problems when processing emails where JSD is creating duplicate issues/tickets.

We see these two problems:

1. New email received at 13:30 and JIRA creates a ticket at 13:30 (as expected) and another is created 1 minute later at 13:31. This occurs for ~10% of cases.
  2. New email received at 13:30 and JIRA creates a ticket at 13:30 (as expected). Later, JSD creates another ticket the following day at, say, 04:35 am.
    1. When this occurs, sometimes a bunch of other emails are reprocessed at 04:35/04:36am, which could be ~20 odds emails and thus we might have ~10 duplicate tickets in our unassigned queue and another 10 existing tickets now have duplicate comments.

Processing log:

image.png

Other info:

• Our mailbox is office365 and secure IMAP.
  • I get the feeling there is a rogue/duplicate service that hasn't processed a 'last updated' timestamp and thinks they need reprocessing.
  • We have two service desk projects, each have separate mail handlers going to their own office 365 mail box.
  • We've removed the mail handler (project -> Email requests -> delete) and added them back in, so they have new mail handler ID's with the database (my theory being that if there were 2x processes pointing to the same handler then this might solve it). We did this for BOTH Jira Service Desk projects.
  • We no longer have users directly accessing this mailbox and stopped Outlook automapping.

1 answer

0 votes
sajili November 24, 2020

Hi @That Guy ,

I'm facing the same problem exactly, did you find any solution for that?

Johnnytest Jenkins November 24, 2020

We still experience this issue. To be honest I've given up trying to resolve it, it doesn't seem to occur as often as it did, but still happens.

Johnnytest Jenkins November 24, 2020

I've often thought it might be due to an office 365 account where the 'unread' marker is not in sync between their servers, meaning that out mail handler would process those that are still marked as unread. Or a client somewhere syncing back stale 'unread' markers to the mailbox.

Like sajili likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events