Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification received in wrong language when an issue is created by customer

Patricia Roberts September 13, 2018

Hi,

Our customer portal is available in English and French.

Unfortunately, a customer who is not logged in cannot change the language of the form, it opens the form following the browser language.

We've been experiencing an issue with our French notifications, I've tested with a French browser and the form appears in the correct language, the pop-up confirming that a ticket has been created appears in the correct language, but the confirmation email is received in English.

Our project default language is French and I've setup language support translations in English.

Does anyone have an idea as to why this would be happening?

Thank you!

1 answer

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2018

Hello Patricia,

In order to change the language (text) of the confirmation e-mail, you must navigate to your project > Project settings > Custom Notifications and change the text for the Created Request template:

Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 15.19.14.png

Yes, all of that is setup already.

Since the project default language is French, the notifications are in French and when I access language support and click on English and from there I enter the English text: request created language support.png

But customers have been receiving emails in English only.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2018

Hello Patricia,

Just to confirm: The wrong notifications are happening for not logged in customers?

Hi Patterson,

Yes, that's what's happening. When the customers are not logged in, the English notification is sent out.

When customers are logged in, then the customer receives the email in the language they selected in their profile.

JF May 13, 2020

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem. Did you find a solution to this problem?

Jon Fahlberg January 15, 2021

Hello! Im also having this problem. Anyone have a solution/fix?

Patryk Wysłobocki March 10, 2021

Hello! Im also having this problem. Anyone have a solution/fix?

Georg Sluyterman January 22, 2022

I am also having this issue. Whats the point of multiple languages if it does not work anyway..

Georg Sluyterman January 22, 2022

Comment on this feature request to upvote the feature that will fix this:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-9722

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events