Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification not received by some Service Desk Team members

Jason Ferris July 13, 2021

Hello,

Running Jira server on prem. We are on older version 7.8 for Jira. Will be updating in the future here. But, we have a service desk team that some of the users do not receive notifications. I should note this is when new tickets are created for their Service Desk.  The others do, I've used Admin helper for notifications and it is showing they are part of the right group to receive notifications. They should be getting them per the helper. "User1 receives notifications for the 'Issue Created' event" I do not see any emails in inbox at all in Junk or deleted, no rules setup either. I'm stumped here. Can anyone shed some light what to check or a possible fix?

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2021

Hi @Jason Ferris

this will be hard to diagnose from Community.

In case you control the mail server you could check in log files (I would start on Jira host to see if mails are going out).
On the mail server you (or your system administrator, depending on how work is structured with your company) would need to check server logs if the mail was accepted.
Next step would be to have a closer look into client's configuation - filter rules, a server based spam filter and so on.

Regards,
Daniel

Jason Ferris July 19, 2021

@Daniel Ebers  Hey Daniel. I appreciate the response. I think I may have figure out the issue. We have accounts created automatically and I think some attributes were missed and therefore not seeing their email addresses from Jira. I am in process of correcting to see if that does the trick.  I will go ahead and close this one out. 

0 votes
Jason Ferris July 14, 2021

I have went through and removed/readded the folks that were in the group to receive emails/notifications for new incidents. This did not seem to matter however. Still not getting emails. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events