Email Channel Setup

Sathish M December 31, 2018

Hi Team,

Can anyone help me to setup a email channel on my IT service desk project.

5 comments

Anyone is available to help me out

Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2018

Hi,

there are excellent docs from Atlassian:

Jira Server - Receiving requests by email

Jira Cloud - Receiving requests by email

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Hi Team,

Please confirm that it should be created after creating project from our end.

Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2018

Yes, as you enter the email from Project settings > Email requests.

If your test is not working, have a look at Troubleshooting issues with the email channel

Donny Forbes January 28, 2019

What if you are able to send request in via email it creates a ticket, however when commenting or responding from the ticket it does not go to the "INBOX" of the person who requested the ticket?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2019

@Donny Forbes, I recommend you create a new question if you are having issues with email notifications. Doing so is more likely to get new attention on the matter.

Will be now for creating project on the below requirement.

My Request is – If someone is sending any email for a request that should  be converted in to a ticket . We have Jira basic portal for creating help ticket but we need email to ticket creation tool

Now am in creation of project, so please confirm which option should i go based on the following 3 options as per my request.

1. Creating a Sample project

2. Create a project

3. Import issues

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2018

@Sathish M, a couple of things here that will help ensure you get assistance in this user forum.

• Be sure to limit your post to a single question. The reason for this is that once a discussion starts w/ the initial question it no longer appears as 'unanswered' and this is something others look for when trying to help.
  • alway use "Reply" rather than "Answer" button if you are replying to someone. "Answer" button is intended to be used for when you want to offer an answer to the person asking the question.
  • Many questions are already answered in the Community and I encourage you to use the search bar at the top of the Community forum. Just type in a few key words and hit enter and you will be presented w/ a number of threads that might answer your question. If not then you should feel free to post a new question. While you can skip this step and simply post a question you may get your answer more quickly searching first.

With that said, I believe that @Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_ has presented you with good sources for creating the email channel that will allow your customer to submit tickets via email. If you are still having issues w/ that (your original question) please "reply" to original Answer that offered the links. Your other questions are unclear but I would direct you to the third bullet above as a means of resolution.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events