Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Customer Notification to include Request Type

Adrienne McCoy January 25, 2022

Hello,

I have a need to edit the Customer notification for request created. I want to add the Customer Request Type -- but ONLY the Customer Request Type.

I see that the customer notification content supports variables (mentioned on Atlassian's documentation here: Managing Service Desk Notifications), and I can add the Request Details variable, which includes the request type. However that also includes the summary, description, and created date (which I do not want).

I do have Automation for Jira plug in, but would optimally like to keep this notification on the out of the box notifications.

Is it possible to only include the Customer Request Type in the notification?

Thanks!

1 answer

2 votes
Oscar D. Sanchez January 25, 2022

Hi,

You can add:   {{issue.customer request type.requestType.name}} in the message, and that will display the name of the request Type in the notification.

Hope my answer was helpful.

Thanks.

Adrienne McCoy January 31, 2022

Hello,

I tested this in Jira server and the notification does not recognize that as a variable. It ends up as plain text in the email, unfortunately.

Thanks for your recommendation!

Oscar D. Sanchez January 31, 2022

Can you share with us a screenshot where you are trying to configure it?

Adrienne McCoy January 31, 2022

I am attempting through the customer notification for Request created. I hope this helps!

request-created.png

Oscar D. Sanchez January 31, 2022

Sorry it wasnt clear to me where it was intended to be used, customer notifications works different.

please, include ${issue.customer request type.requestType.name} instead of {{issue.customer request type.requestType.name}}

let me know if it worked :)

Adrienne McCoy February 1, 2022

I still only get the text using ${issue.customer request type.requestType.name}

It seems, based off of this suggestion, that Atlassian has not implemented this functionality yet.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-5053

Thank you for your help! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events