Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail tickets aren't always created

gregory.nessinger February 24, 2021

We setup a company e-mail account to use for Jira Service Management ticketing (cloud).  Most e-mails sent there get a ticket created in the project.  Some are skipped.  I check the in-box and the e-mail is there, but the ticket is not created.  

Where are the logs that show the processing of e-mails?

Why are my boss's e-mails not creating tickets (same e-mails system as ticketing.  Messages are usually forwarded, and it fails.  When I forward the e-mail, it works)

1 answer

0 votes
robert.nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2021

It is usually a permission problem.  Do you set it to have the reporter be the email sender?  If so does your boss have permission to create an incident?  Is he a customer?

any e-mail coming into the Jira mailbox will create a ticket, doesn't matter the reporter.  Even outside e-mail address (yahoo, gmail) can create tickets.

But my boss has admin access to Jira and can create tickets in Jira, and has been able to create e-mail tickets before.  But now it fails. 

Just did more testings.  I was wrong about all messages will create a ticket.  So it is a permissions issues.  Boss's account used for messages is different from Jira account.

But where are the logs in Jira to see that this message is skipped?

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2021

In your Service project you can click on "view logs" to see what the mail entry behaves like.
https://YourGreatSiteName.atlassian.net/jira/servicedesk/projects/YourProjectName/settings/email

It is split in "Connection log" and "Processing log".

Like Kyle Bayfield likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events