Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due date setup

baraaabbas February 6, 2020

Hello, 

I'm trying to automate the due date. Is there a way to assign due date for new issues automatically? like 2 days after ticket open? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2020

Hello @baraaabbas 

If you have automation for jira who can create a custom rule

due-date.png

baraaabbas February 7, 2020

I think I will go with this answer. We getting the automation add-on

Like # people like this
Miyoung Mary Kim September 16, 2020

We use Jira Cloud and I followed this step to set up an automatic due date like two days after new issue is created. However, it looks like the due date field does not accept {{now.plusDays(2)}} as Mohamed showed in the screenshot.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Like baraaabbas likes this
baraaabbas September 16, 2020

{{now.plusBusinessDays(2)}}

Thanks, baraabbas, but I got this error.

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 10.35.07 AM.png

I think you are in the wrong automation. In project settings, scroll all the way down to Project Automation

This is Service Desk and yes, I did set up this automation under the project settings. Our service desk is built on next-gen template. My assumption is that the next-gen template only allows to put the actual date. 

Maybe... I'm not using next gen. 

1 vote
Pavel Adamovich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2020

Hi @baraaabbas ,

you can easely achieve this with Jira Misc Workflow Extensions (JMWE) addon.

You will need to add a postfunction to your project's workflow on a ticket creation step which will automatically set the due date field to Now + 2 days. This will look something like that:

example.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events