Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't have "Add approval" checkbox in status workflow edit screen in my server Jira (JIRA 7.1.1)

IT Accounts May 11, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring JIRA Service Desk approvals

In workflow edit screen, on status settings, there is no such checkbox. Only "Allow all statuses...". Don't know why.

8 answers

1 accepted

9 votes
Answer accepted
William Rojas May 10, 2017

there seems to be more to this than just not having a service desk project ...

I am using one, but still no "Add approval" checkbox when selecting a status in the workflow.

William Rojas May 10, 2017

In case someone lands here looking for an answer ...

until the workflow is associated with an issue type that in turn is associated with a service desk project the 'Add approval' checkbox will not appear.

Basically update the Workflow scheme assoicated with the service desk project and pick the corresponding issue type that you will map the request type to.

Once you publish the updated workflow sheme, viola...

Like # people like this
Patryk Sakiewicz November 28, 2017

You have no idea how much time and frustration you saved me with your hint.
Indeed it works as you described.

Thank you!

Like # people like this
Billy Retamal July 27, 2018

Thanks Williams,

I always forget that detail,

Regards!

Mark August 3, 2018

I am trying to modify an existing workflow (which is associated with a Service Desk proejct when I create the project). But I cannot see the "Add Approval" checkbox... 

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2021

That didn't work for me...  my workflow is associated to  issue type in service desk project and the "Add Approvers" checkbox is missing... 😓 

1 vote
Doaa Elmasry January 20, 2021

For me, I had my Issue Type -->Workflow and the Issue Type Scheme -->Service Desk.  My problem was that I was trying to find the Add approvers checkbox in the Inactive workflows.  Seems silly now, but since I do not have a sandbox, I was creating a copy of the workflow before editing it.  This made a copy but saved it under inactive workflows.  After numerous attempts, I simply decided to try directly in the active workflow - and voila! the Add Approvers check box was there.  Just sharing my experience ;)

bete.lopes March 3, 2021

Just fine. I had have the same experience.

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2021

That did not help either...  thanks though

0 votes
Deleted user February 27, 2020

In order to make it possible for a status to get the "Add approval" the following have to be meet.

Issue Type associated with the workflow needs to be configured in Issue Type Schemes to be used by a ServiceDesk project.
Make sure that Default Issue Type Scheme is used by at least one SD project or add the issue type to the scheme of your project.
Make sure the workflow is associated in the Workflow schemes as well.

If this is done then the Add approval will become available.

BGD VCS June 1, 2020

Can I add approval on Jira software workflow? 

Alexander Siahaan August 5, 2020

no, only in Service Desk

Like Noah Hofmann likes this
Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2021

Danny I meet those conditions however "Add Approvers" checkbox still missing...

0 votes
Amber.Wei August 17, 2016

Here is the answer:

When you set project type as "Service Desk", the approval checkbox will be appeared on your workflow, for the other type "Software" or "Business", it doesn't have this function.

Suman Palle February 18, 2019

I tried switching to Service Desk but still cannot see approval checkbox. :(

Like Pete P likes this
0 votes
Norman August 17, 2016

Jepp, same here - and I had the hope to get an answer here.

0 votes
Amber.Wei July 24, 2016

same issue that don't have "Add approval" on the workflow, but nobody helped answer this question for long time

0 votes
Tim Bachta July 21, 2016

I am having the same issueScreen Shot 2016-07-21 at 4.14.24 PM.png

0 votes
Support Access 2 networks May 27, 2016

I as well do not have the "Add approval" checkbox and I'm running JIRA 6.4.12. Does anyone from Atlassian know why and how to fix this?  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events