Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does using @ mentions send a JIRA notification and a customer notification?

Alex Barron December 30, 2020

I opened up a request and the assignee mentioned me in the comments. I received a customer notification and JIRA notification because they used the '@' mention. I am a JIRA admin so is that why I received both notifications? 

We have this JIRA setting in place: 

JIRA setting.jpg

3 answers

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2020

Since you are the reporter you will get the customer notification.  If the user had just posted a comment without the @ mention then you would have only received the customer notification without and the Jira comment notification would have been ignored.  Since they actually used the @ mention they initiated a Jira notification as well that you also received on top of the comment notification.    

Alex Barron December 31, 2020

I opened a second ticked by using my personal email address so JIRA sees the reporter as my personal email address, not me as the user. The assignee used the @ mention functionality and I only received one customer notification, not both. Any thoughts on that? 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2020

Your personal account does not have a Jira license so internal communications would never be sent to it.

Like Ian Scrivens likes this
Alex Barron December 31, 2020

Ok got it, thank you!

0 votes
Christian Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2021

Hi @Alex Barron, did you find a way to stop jira from sending both emails?

0 votes
Harry Scrivens
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 31, 2020

Hi @Alex Barron

In this instance i just press no because i dont want GOOGLE to be clutted with sarcy notifications 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events