Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does deleting a Compass-synced JSM service remove it from Compass too?

Hayden Young
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 28, 2024

We're in the middle of a Jira rollout for our devs, but in DevOps we've been using JSM prior to that as a service desk.

As they've rolled out, they've started using Jira Software components, which have been turned into Compass components. However, where our Services list in JSM is supposed to be a list of environments for our applications, now there are entries in that list from the devs' Jira Software projects too, which we'd like to avoid.

Will deleting those in JSM just stop them syncing from Compass or will it persist that delete to Compass too?

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline Bartle
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2024

Hi @Hayden Young - deleting them in JSM will indeed persist a deletion to Compass as well. 

I'm interested in your use case, and I wonder if you could share a bit more about your scenario, specifically:

Services list in JSM is supposed to be a list of environments for our applications

Are your environments set up as Software Services? What type of components are the dev team using?

The component types that are synced from Compass to JSM are Software Services, Applications and Capabilities (the other types are not). Equally, on the JSM side, Business services are not synced to Compass - using different types could be a way of avoiding the syncing. 

now there are entries in that list from the devs' Jira Software projects too, which we'd like to avoid

Is it just via the JSM Services list that you'd want to remove the devs' components or is it via other touchpoints (e.g. Affected Services field)?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events