Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we need to keep DNS txt record

Patrick Renckens April 7, 2021

We have verified our Domain with a DNS txt record. Once the verification is all complete can we remove the DNS record just to clean things up?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2021

Hello @Patrick Renckens,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

After the domain is verified, it’s necessary to keep the DNS txt record because it’s periodically checked to confirm everything is set up correctly and for the domain to keep verified. 

For more information, please check the documentation below:

After verification is successful, we'll periodically check your DNS host for the txt record. If someone deletes or updates the txt record with incorrect information, we'll send you an email letting you know that you have a certain amount of time to update the txt record. If you don't, your domain will lose its verification status and any security policies for that domain, including SAML single sign-on, won't be effective.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Patrick Renckens April 12, 2021

Thank you!

Like Angélica Luz likes this
1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

@Patrick Renckens Welcome to community.  I am not sure and was not able to find anything in documentation.  I would think once verified you could remove but I do not know that for sure.  I will escalate to Atlassian for further clarification. 

Patrick Renckens April 12, 2021

Thanks for the help!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events