Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not create a ticket if email address in CC

Nicolas Rousseaux September 14, 2020

Dear all,

we have used Jira service desk with our email support address to create ticket automatically when we receive email on this email address.

We would like to know if it's possible for the Jira Service Desk do not create ticket if this email address is used in 'CC' of email received and only create ticket if our email address in 'TO' of the email ?

Many thanks for your help,

Nicolas 

3 answers

1 vote
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2020

Hi @Nicolas Rousseaux 

As Rudy said, it is not possible out of the box with Jira.

We use Email This Issue and have found it much more configurable.

Hope that helps

Regards, Liam

1 vote
Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2020

Hi @Nicolas Rousseaux ,

Unfortunately you can't manipulate the standard Jira Service Desk email handler. You might have more success when using the Enterprise Mail Handler for Jira. But I personally have no experience with the Cloud variant.

Rudy

Nicolas Rousseaux September 14, 2020

Hi @Rudy Holtkamp  and thank for your quick reply.

Do you know if we can do something with the automation to, for example, cancel the request directly ?

many thanks,

Nicolas

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2020

@Nicolas Rousseaux , I've looked at the tickets generated by email with the servicedesk address in the 'TO' and in the 'CC', but there is no difference. So there is no differentiator between the tickets and thus you can't remove it.

I was wondering why do you use CC & TO and why do you want to differentiate between them?

Nicolas Rousseaux September 16, 2020

Hello Rudy,

The address mail used to generate tickets was used before for our support Team. Our clients use it frequently in CC to transfer some information with us. Unfortunately, each time we are in CC is not equal to each time we need to create a ticket (for example if  the client prevent us about his future vacation is not a ticket).

That's why I would like to found a solution to my issue. Actually I have found a little quick around :

When the ticket is create, I remove the protractor and I cancel the ticket,so the client doesn't receive the notification about the resolution of his ticket. But we have always the first notification about the creation of the ticket.

0 votes
Atlassian September 25, 2023

Hi All, I have a similar problem, I would like to distinguish when someone writes to the service desk address and this is inserted in CC instead of to. Any suggestions? Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events