Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do new users have to create jira accounts in order to be added to a company database?

Alex Hoffman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 26, 2020

I’m in the process of looking to add users. Do they physically have to create individual accounts or can they join through being emailed a invite link and I mange the permissions each user individually has? This is for a it department so I will have to put each user in his or her specific role within the department.

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2020

Hello Alex,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

On Jira Cloud, users can join by themselves if the site administrator allows it on the User management page or they can join by being invited. So, the answer to your question is that they can join using both options, it will just depend on what the site administrator wants.

The best option, in my opinion, is to add them and not allow them to create their accounts, so you will have more control over who has access to what.

For more details about the user management, please check the documentation below:

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events