Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to use an organization to allow voting on issues?

Chris Miller June 1, 2023

I have thousands of Customers in my Jira Service Management Portal, or at least access to it. 

When I customer submits a request for a new feature, regardless of their organization, I would like ALL Portal Customers to be able to vote.

However, it would seem when I try to share it insists on an organization being placed in there.

Is there a way to share with the entire portal, rather than specific organizations?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2023

Hi @Chris Miller,

There are - unfortunately - other and bigger blockers to the idea you raise here. The ability to vote on issues as a service desk customer from the customer portal is not supported. There is a feature request that you can track here: JSDCLOUD-1743.

To be honest, I would not expect that to be resolved any time soon, as the entire design of the portal is not really built with this in mind. Especially when you have a large customer base, the search capabilities of the portal would be way too limited to allow easy browsing and interacting with product ideas in such a way.

The concept of an organisation in JSM is really designed to share tickets with team members from your own organisation (for backup and knowledge sharing purposes mainly), while restricting access to users from other companies.

Hope this helps!

Chris Miller June 1, 2023

Thanks.  

So this also means if I have an issue (outage) and I want to know how many it might be affecting, again there is no way to share with them, unless I share with each organization, or put them all under one.  Correct?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events