Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display a screen message, when an option of a drop-down menu has been chosen

Evelyn Laeschke November 4, 2020

I would like to display a screen message, when an option of a drop-down menu has been chosen under the drop-down menu. I tried Dynamic Forms, but I can only choose a field, but not a screen message. The screen messages should as well appear in queues to each ticket. Is there another solution?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2020

The "message field" from the Jira Toolkit may be able to help - you give it a static message, and then you can put it on view or edit screens (edit screens = edit, create and transistion for this purpose) and it will display that text.  As it's just a custom field as far as Jira cares, you may be able to use it in Dynamic Forms when it asks you to choose a field.

Evelyn Laeschke November 5, 2020

Thank you Nic, sounds great, I did ask to get the plugin and I'll let you know, how it works.

Evelyn Laeschke November 9, 2020

Unfortunately the message does not display on the screen, when a specific drop-down option has been chosen. The user gets ask for input. When the field is hidden, the message displays in the ticket as HTML, however to each option in the drop-down menu.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2020

Bother, I had some hopes that might work.  It sounds like the Dynamic Forms does something with the fields that the message field doesn't play nicely with.

Like Evelyn Laeschke likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events