Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling the specific issue type creation

Sandesh TM January 3, 2024

We have a requirement for the specific client such that one of the issue type has to be disabled and should not be available for creating the new ones. Is there any solution possible through configuration?

3 answers

3 votes
Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2024

Hi @Sandesh TM 

This would require a marketplace app that extends the workflow options within Jir or a scripting app

You could use:

• JMWE
  • JSU
  • JWT
  • Scriptrunner

I prefer JMWE, but that's a personal prefference

0 votes
GNarsimhagowda - Empyra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2024

Hi @Sandesh TM ,

You can use the validator in create transition, which JMWE plugin is providing, In this you can specify which group,project roles or a custom field containing users or groups.

Thanks.

0 votes
AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2024

@Sandesh TM 

You can acheive it by simply removing the create screen from the Issue configuration, or  take the help of the plugin like scriptrunner.

Kindly vote and Accept the ans if this helps.

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2024

Please stop using AI to answer questions, they do not understand how Jira works.

In this case, it is wrong because you can not remove the create screen from the configuration.

A validator is the only answer.

AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2024

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  @Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam 

Apologies for the confusion here. when I say remove the screen,  keep the screen empty without any field on it. If summary which is the mandatory field is missing, user will not be able to create a issue, and this is the solution I provided to one of my clients without the help of any plugin and it worked as expected.

Correct me if I still misunderstood.

Thanks @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  @Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2024

This does not work.  It prevents everyone from creating the issue type.

If that is the actual goal, then the right solution is to remove the issue type from the issue type scheme, so it is not available.

There is no "confusion" here, you need to stop using LLM AIs to answer questions.  Jira needs an expert AI, not an LLM.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events