Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable "Log in to Help Center" via email / Using SSO via ADFS

IT-ZI December 29, 2020

Hello there,

I'm currently configuring JSM Cloud with SSO via ADFS.
The SSO login works with different browsers after adding the ADFS server to the local intranet sites. So the delegation of the credentials is working as expected.

My problem:
If I open the JSM page for the first time it asks me for an email address. But there is no need for that and it is useless because it doesn't matter if I type in any mail address (used in my company) because after clicking Next it uses my local Windows credentials.

That email login thing is just useless in my case and will confuse our basic users...

Regards
Sebastianlogin_email.pnglogin_sso.png

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2020

Hello Sebastian,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The customer portal, currently, doesn't work with SSO. 

What is happening in your case is that those who are logging in to the portal have an Atlassian account with a verified domain and with SSO, so they will be redirected to a different login page.

In case a customer without an Atlassian account goes to the portal, they will type their email address, and then they will have to add their password.

It's not possible to disable this option. Customers will have to type their email for Jira to check if they need to log in with a password or if they have an Atlassian account and, if the organization is using SAML, they will be redirected to the identity provider login page.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events