Disable certain dates in Date field on Customer Portal

Bin Liang
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2020

I have a calendar field called Start Date in request form on JSD customer portal.  The start date is allowed at least 5 days away in the future.  I am in Jira Cloud.  Is it possible to configure a date field to disable all the days in the past, current day and 5 days in the future?

Thanks!!

2 answers

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2022

Hello @nishant kumar,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

When using date fields, it’s not possible to disable past dates. The steps I shared is a workaround for company-managed projects, but it’s not possible to let past dates greyed out.

There is a feature request suggesting improvements for that:

Please, click on Vote for this issue and also watch to receive updates.

Kind regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2020

Hello Bin,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When using a Date custom field, the only way to restrict the date range is by using two Date custom fields, so it's possible to add a validator to compare both dates.

In this case, unfortunately, it won't be possible to prevent them to select today's date or tomorrow and so on, but it will prevent to select the start date 6 days or more in the future. So, creating the ticket today (July 27), they will be able to select the start date from July 27 to August 1st. 

This option is only available for Classic projects. Next-gen doesn't have the option to add a validator, so if you are using a Classic, please use the steps below:

Add two date fields on the request form. One must be the Start date and the other one Today (or another name, but "Today" in my opinion, will be more clear for the customer to select the date they are creating the issue).

Example:

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 11.19.47.png

Once you add both fields on the desired request type, go to Project settings > Workflows > Select to edit the desired workflow > Select the diagram mode and select the "Create issue" transition.

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 11.22.19.png

On the next page, click on "Add validator" and choose the Date window validator > Add.

The date to validate must be set as "Start date", Reference date "Today" and Time span in days "5".

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 11.24.50.png

After that, publish the workflow and it will start working for the future tickets.

The only problem for that is the message that will appear in the portal that will not show specifically what is the error but it will highlight the end date field, so my suggestion is that you add a message on the introduction of the project (Project settings > Portal settings > Introduction text) informing about that.

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

nishant kumar January 18, 2022

@Angélica Luz Is it possible that the requester cannot choose the past dates at all? 

I mean it should be completely greyed out . I want this just to avoid throwing an error if user choose past date and clicks on create (i Managed to create this one but cannot find an option to completely greyed it out.)

Thanks in advance

Nishant

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events