Disable all notifications for a user

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2021

Hi

We have some issues that create on a SD project via the API using the connect app. The report for the issues is set as user A, and user A gets the email notifications of the issue created and updates to the issue as he is the creator of the issue.

We want to stop all notifications to user A including all Atlassian emails, all SD notifications, all issue notifications. 

I have disabled all under marketing email prefs https://preferences.atlassian.com/main?hid=xxxxx

Disabled everything on atlassian.net/secure/ViewPersonalSettings.jspa

Can disable individual ones by clicking on Turn off this request's notifications but that is manual.

Please advise how to do that?

Thank you

Yatish

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2021

you need to go to Project settings > customer notifications and have disable the Create notification (and others if desired).

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2021

Thanks for the prompt reply, @Jack Brickey 

That would mean it disables for all requests to that SD right? I would like to disable it for a single user only.

Like Noah Hofmann likes this
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2021

Please advise on the above?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

Yes. Sorry I missed that this is a single user. If this is a Customer there is no way to isolate a single customer AFAIK. If this is a Jira user they are notified according to the Notification schemes for each project. In this case ensure the one user never appears in any role or group used in any notification schemes.

Bernd Gurn January 15, 2024

Ok, sounds easy but that isn´t. We have the same situation (on Data Center version). We have a (technical) usaer that creates tickets via the Email-to-ticket interface and doesn´t need any notifications. I will not deactivate all notifications for all user/customer only for on single user/customer needs!

Is there nothing like a blacklist of email addresses were i can put this user? Or what about changing the user´s email address (after the user is set up and is able to create tickets). What would happen then?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2024

@Bernd Gurn , what email app is being used? Maybe set up a rule in the email client to trash or otherwise move unwanted emails from the Atlassian email address?

Bernd Gurn February 5, 2024

Email client is outlook respectively an company administered exchange server from Microsoft. I have not much options to influence settings here. Also it makes more sense to me if i can tell JSM to not send (any) notification to a specific user without tweaking the underlying email client.

Also my question is: if i use the "Don´t notify me" function (on the portal) for any user is this only valid for a single issue/request /ticket or valid for all including upcoming?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 5, 2024

Yes, "don't notify me" is specific to that one issue..

Customer notifications are independent of user Notifications as illustrated under Project settings. The setting under Personal settings is affiliated with Notifications not Customer notifications.

You might consider third party email handlers that provide a greater level of granular control.

Bernd Gurn February 9, 2024

Thanks for this information. The "You might consider third party email handlers that provide a greater level of granular control." - approachis the usual way of offering a solution when ever Atlassian has nothing or will not offer something.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2024

@Bernd Gurn , You could consider leveraging APIs to develop your own solution. You can also open a support ticket to request feature or use the in app feedback link.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events