Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different permissions for the service desk team

nina.bluemel November 6, 2019

Hi,

I need to add some customers to JIRA as we need to assign them issues. I what I understand is that they need to be than an agent and the customer access is not enough.

The problem ist that I do not want that they can see everything what a team member can see in JIRA. They should only be able to view the tickets which are shared with their organization, assign tickets, move tickets in the next status, view the qeues and they should not be able to see internal comments.

Is that possible to create another role to grant them only access to the above?

1 answer

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2019

Hi Nina,

For a "customer" to transition issues, view queues etc from Jira they must be an agent and consume an agent license.

However, you can use issue security to hide issues by groups of people. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-issue-level-security-776636711.html

But that won't hide internal comments if they are granted agent licenses.

Alternatively you can divide them into different service desks.  OR you leave them as customers, allow them to share issues in their organization and allow them to transition issues from the portal.

Hope that helps

Susan

nina.bluemel November 6, 2019

Hi Susan,

What exactly do you mean with use different service desks? Like I have one Project where the customer makes their steps first and our part is in a different project? But than I would always need to copy the requests from one project into the other. That sounds like a lot of work all the time and monitoring both projects all the time.

With the issue security can I divide between our own agents and the customers agents?

Thanks

Nina

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2019

Hi Nina,

Each group of customer has their own service desk project.  That way they can't see any other customers' issues.

That's one option.

Susan

nina.bluemel November 7, 2019

Hi Susan,

I think that option isn't really good for us we would like to see all request in one board for one client.

Maybe let me explain the sitauation more detailed.

We have our own Team let's call them Team A (they have the normal "Service Desk Team"-role) and we have our customers Team B and C.

Team C will have the normal customer role. They will only raise a request in the JIRA project and approve the solution at the end. Team B will pick the ticket up and go through their workflow steps to retest everything. Team B should be able to be assignees - so they need a lisence and have the "Service Desk Team Role" correct? Once they are done and the ticket has all information we need they will move the ticket to the next workflow step where Team A starts working on the ticket. If Team A makes internal comments Team B will always see them correct? Is there any other way than making two different projects to achive this?

Thank you for your help

Nina

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events