Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different description based on dropdown value

akunnari September 7, 2020

Hello,

so Extensions for JSD allows us to define dynamic forms (different fields will be displayed based on the value of the first field). I was wondering, if this was possible for descriptions of fields only.

Now I would like for our customers to be able to choose a module from our software through a dropdown-list. So far so good, I built the list no problemo.

I also have an attachmentfield with an URL in the description, which is a downloadlink for a document the customer needs to fill and upload, when they submit a request.

Now I would like the description of the attachment-Field to change, based on the module our customer picked in the first dropdown. I Guess I could create a custom attachmentfield for each module and display the different field with a different description based on the module chosen, but I was wondering, if anyone has a more elegant solution... Creating 40 custom fields for each of our modules is tidious, but I will do it, if there is no easier way.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
akunnari September 7, 2020

So now I have to overthink my original idea... I can't create custom attachement-fields so the only option I have is to follow the dropdown with a different field... Is there a way to create a "red-only" field, which has a visible description in which I could write my download-link? I don't know how to make a field read-only in the create screen...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events