Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Priorities per Issuetype in one project

spaks November 18, 2020

Hello, Ihave set up a service desk with issue types Bug, User Story and Support request. Now I cannot find how to make a distinction between the priority levels of them. Issue type has levels like "blocking of entire process" or "problem in main process" etc. Wheras user story is supposed to have 1,2,3 only (for now). I could not find any hint to the sepparation of issue types in one project. 

I appreciate any help.

Kind regards

Volker

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2020

@spaks  , Welcome to community!

Priorities are global entities and you can have a subset of priorities for a project via priority schemes. But it is same for all the issue types in the project.

A custom field also can have the same choices for all the issue types in a project.

Instead of using the same 'Priority' field, can you use different custom fields (bug priority, userstory priority..) for different issue types?

spaks November 18, 2020

Hello Fazila,

thanks for the verification. And yes, your suggestion makes sense. I will set up the other issue types with different fields.

Thx for help.

Kind regards

Volker

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events