Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Change Approval groups for different components

Andy Hockenhull June 19, 2020

Hello, we are running a PoC to move away from Service Now to JSD and I would like to know if it is possible to link change approval groups to specific approval groups in addition to the CAB approval process?

E.G.

Component "AAAA" has approval group "YYYYY" which contain user 1, user 2, user 3

Component "BBBB" has approval group "ZZZZZ" which contain user 4, user 5, user 6

So when a change for "AAAA" is raised, someone from the group "YYYYY" has to approve the change before it goes for CAB signoff?  Same if a change is raised for "BBBB", someone fom group "ZZZZZ" has to approve it before CAB?

Appreciate this may not be an out of the box feature but really want to know if it is possible?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2020

Hello Andy,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When using Jira Service Desk, currently, it's not possible to add a group as approvers.

There are feature requests suggesting the implementation of such ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the features.

As a workaround, you can add approvers using automation:

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 14.47.11.png

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Jason D_Cruz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2020

Hi @Andy Hockenhull ,

I'm one of the Product Managers on Jira Service Desk. I appreciate that this response may be a little late. However, we have released some new functionality on Jira Service Desk Cloud which allows you to perform the use case you've mentioned out of the box.

This is available as part of our ITSM early access features. You can turn on these features by following the instructions in the article provided.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-articles/ANNOUNCING-Early-access-ITSM-features-in-Jira-Service-Desk/ba-p/1332385

The following article shows you how to configure approvers for a service. In your example , you could model components "AAAA" and "BBBB" as services and assign groups as approvers.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/request-approval-from-approvers-associated-with-a-service/

Happy to chat further on your use cases or if you require any help.

Cheers,
Jason

Andy Hockenhull August 20, 2020

Hello Jason,

Thanks for the update - how does this tie into Insight? As we are attempting to use Insight to model our asset estate and have change approved from there?

Jason D_Cruz
Atlassian Team
August 20, 2020

Hi Andy,

This current release does not tie into Insight. I'd love to set up a conversation to discuss your use cases in detail to help us with our prioritization of approvals features. Would you be open to having a call with me? Do let me know on the thread and I'll reach out to you via email.

Andy Hockenhull August 21, 2020

Yes please - that would be very useful.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events