cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default text inside multi line text field

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2022

Hello

I see a multi line field in my service desk form. This field shows up with default text inside the the text field.

I need to change the text inside the text field, but I could not find where it is coming from.

Can you please give me some pointers.

I tried:

- Field configurations edit

- Custom field configure

- Automation

But could not find any text.

Also is there a way to know what is the custom field to which this display field in portal belongs to.

Thanks

Abe

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2022

@AbrahamA -

Based on your issue #tags, you are using Jira DC/Server envs.  If so, you can also check to see if your env is using ScriptRunner for Jira add-on and check "Behaviours" component of the add-on.  Clog icon (Jira Administration) > Manage Apps. Inside the Manage Apps UI, scroll on the left pane and look for "SCRIPTRUNNER" >> Behaviours.

2022-04-08_15-31-28.png

If so, then you can further check to see if the project in question is setup with the Behaviours component + check if the field has server-side script which contain the custom default template.

This will need system admin permission right to conduct the checks mentioned above.

Hope this also helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2022

Yes it is in behaviors.

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2022

disclaimer: the following is assumed: you have system admin permissions and you are using CMP project 

First for the default test...

click on the Cog (settings) - issues - custom fields... find your custom text field and click on the ellipses and select context and default

To find the custom field associated with the portal field go to project settings - request types and choose the request type and edit. You should find what you are looking for here.

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2022

When I edit the request type, I only see existing fields in service desk form with changed names. I do not see anything that links them to actual custom fields.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events