Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default assignee based on organisation

Paul Schmidt December 2, 2020

Hi,

We're currently running Jira Service Desk 4.13.0. I am wondering if there is a chance to fill in the assignee automatically after an issue is created based on the organisation the author belongs to? So if the author is part of organisation A assign the issue to X. If the author is part of organisation B assign it to Y.

I know that an option like this exists for components, but is there a way to do something similar based on the organisation?

My second idea was to use an automation rule, but there does not seem to be a matching rule (see https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-management-evaluator-resources/jira-service-management-auto-assign-issues).

My third idea was to add a post-function to the workflow before the first status, so when the issue is created. But there is no way to do something dependant on the organisation field.

Do you see a chance to realise this requirement?

Kind regards,

Paul

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2020

In your service desk project you can create organizations when you click on customers. This allows you to assign customers to organizations.

org.png

Once you've created the organizations and assigned your customers to them you can target these with an automation rule.

rule.png

Paul Schmidt January 4, 2021

Hi @Davin Studer ,

Your answer seems to be based on a cloud plan or a newer version of jira service desk. We are using a self-hosted server. My Automation setup is different (Project settings -> Automation-> Add Custom Rule)

CustomRule1.PNG

In here, I cannot find user conditions.

CustomRule2.PNG

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2021

Oh, sorry. What about this then.

capture.png

Like Paul Schmidt likes this
Paul Schmidt January 5, 2021

Hi @Davin Studer ,

It's that simple and it works :) 
I have not realized that there are further settings when you've choosen one of the suggested options for IF and WHEN statements.

Thanks a lot.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2021

Glad that worked for you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events