Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Assignee Unassigned Oddity

Shawn McBreen April 1, 2020

Hello,

I recently became an admin of our Service Desk project and have been making some changes to improve the efficiency of the Help Desk teams operations in JSD.  I changed the default assignee from the Project Lead who was getting buried in tickets to Unassigned and that is working.  However, when ever an Agent or Admin in the project creates a ticket (aka Raises an Issue) and assigns to themselves the ticket still ends up being set as Unassigned. 

Any idea how I can have regular submissions from Reporters/Customers come in as Unassigned but tickets created by Agents or Admins be correctly assigned to themselves?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Tanya Gordon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2020

Could you please elaborate more on how exactly  "an Agent or Admin in the project creates a ticket and assigns to themselves"? Is the assignee field displayed on the create screen of the ticket, or do they try to change the assignee later, after the ticket was already created and assignee was set to unassigned?

Shawn McBreen April 1, 2020

Hi Tanya,

They click the blue “Create” button in JSD which opens the request form which displays the “Assignee” field. They choose themselves as the assignee and create the ticket but it goes to the default queue rather than theirs and is set as “Unassigned”.  After locating the ticket in the default queue they are able to assign to themselves, but it is more convenient to be able to do so from the get go. 

Thanks

Tanya Gordon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2020

Thanks for your quick answer Shawn. The reason I asked this is to make sure they don't create the tickets from the portal, like regular customers. 

So following the scenario you've described, I would say that this behavior probably means there's some post function or automation that is hidden somewhere because they manually choose an assignee and it gets overwritten after creation.

Let me know if you need any help with looking this up further.

Thanks

Like Shawn McBreen likes this
Shawn McBreen April 2, 2020

Hi Tanya,

Could you provide me with the key places to look for this?  Our setup was basically out-the-box so not much had been configured in the past, so should be easier to weed through.

Thanks for your help :-)

Shawn McBreen April 8, 2020

@Tanya Gordon

Where would be the best places to check for the "post function"?  

Could you provide me with the key places to look for this?  Our project is basically an "out-the-box" state such to say the previous admins haven't put much effort into customizing it, so it should be easier to weed through.

Thanks for your help :-)

Ali Ansari February 12, 2021

I'm having the same issue. I've dried the following steps with no success.

1. Opened the workflow associated with the Create Issue transition.

2. Clicked on the transition.

3. Clicked on the Post Functions tab.

I only see the post functions below. Nothing about assignee getting overwritten.

Screenshot 2021-02-12 143624.png

I also checked the Project settings. There are no automations either. @Tanya Gordon can you help?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events