Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate managed unverified account

Hugo Godinho March 11, 2021

Hi all,

We are in the process of migrating to cloud and to have Azure AD integrated. After we verified our domain and have claimed accounts, we noticed that there are some claimed accounts with typos (on the email) and therefore unverified.

Is there a way to deactivate/delete those accounts?

We tried the option under the Managed Accounts > select user > Deactivate, but we get an error message saying jira was not able to deactivate the account.

The error message point us to the page https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/deactivate-a-managed-account/  but I did not see any info on it related to our issue.

Could this be related to the fact that the accounts are unverified and therefore not fully "manageable" by the jira admin team?

Thanks

Regards,

Hugo

1 answer

1 vote
Julian Governale
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2021

I ran into the same issue, but after a refresh of the page i was able to bulk deactivate the users that were unverified in our instance. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events