Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate comments on closed issues Jira Service Management 4.15.0

Mikael Stending May 31, 2021

Hi,

I want to deactivate comments on closed issues. I know that I need to add a property to the status and I've tried a couple of different properties but they aren't working. 

These are the properties I've tried:

jira.permission.comment.user = denied
jira.permission.comment.user = false
jira.permission.comment.denied = ''

What am I doing wrong?

Regards,

Mikael

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Stending June 2, 2021

After reviewing my earlier tests the jira.permission.comment.user = false property started work for some reason. Thank you guys for the help!

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2021

Hi @Mikael Stending 

Did you tried below properties

• jira.issue.editable=false

With permission it should also work but you need to use I guess this

• jira.permission.edit.denied

You can read more about this in this blog

https://www.j-tricks.com/tutorials/permissions-based-on-workflow-status

or official documentation 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/workflow-properties-861253674.html

Mikael Stending June 1, 2021

Hey Mirek, thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately it doesn't work either...

The j-tricks link you're reffering too is dead.

Mikael

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2021

Actually, the edit permission there will not stop you commenting - comments are not considered to be issue updates, they're separate.

But replace edit with comment and it'll work.  (there's also commenteditall, commenteditown etc permissions).  It should be as simple as

jira.permission.comment=denied

Although that is a blanket that kills off all commenting for all users.  I use it all the time on closed issues, alongside jira.permission.edit=denied to force them to re-open or create new issues when they thing something isn't done!

For the url link - the community software (Khoros) has a nasty habit of adding control characters to the end of pasted links.  Try hitting the link again, getting the 404, then looking closely at the end of the url in the address bar - it might have a space or a %A2 or others - delete them back until the last s in ...status is the last character and it should work.  (That's for the next time you see a link that doesn't work, rather than having to wait for an edit by the author to remove the extra characters)

Like Mirek likes this
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2021

Thank you @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- for jumping in. You are right.

Actually I had in mind to type jira.permission.comment.denied, but from some reason I typed jira.permission.edit.denied 

I corrected the link also and removed the "special characters" it should be working now

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events