Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize Invite customer

Farhaad_n May 20, 2023

Hi, I am using the Jira service desk server,

I am using API to invite users to my project, when I do that, one email is sent to customers by the below content, how can I customize it?

Hi,

'The User' has invited you to the 'Jira Name' portal!
Visit the portal to raise requests and get help.

3 answers

2 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2023

Hi @Farhaad_n 

This email can't be customized. Vote and watch this issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-1386

There is a workaround in there which points to this article https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/invite-users-email-customization-1044093548.html

Farhaad_n May 20, 2023

I check the config file in this location: 

/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/plugins/.osgi-plugins/transformed-plugins/jira-invite-user-plugin-2.3.4_1663755970000.jar

I get emails like this:

Jira is the project tracker for teams building great software. Log in now to track your issues and tasks, collaborate with your team, and stay on top of project activity.

but in the file mentioned above, I see this:
inviteuser.email.jira.invitation.body=Jira is <em>the</em> project tracker for teams building great software. Sign up now to track your issues and tasks, collaborate with your team, and stay on top of project activity.

and when I change it, nothing changes in the email

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2023

@Farhaad_n sorry for the late reply. What I read even from this post https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Customize-the-initial-invitation-email-sent-to-a-Service-desk/qaq-p/838571 suggests that you can't change the invitation email.

Farhaad_n May 22, 2023

thank you for your reply,

what?? the post is for changing the invitation email, but you tell me it can't be changed? 

what did it mean? 

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2023

Its for changing the user and not the customers' email invitation.

Farhaad_n May 22, 2023

Ok, it's not worked as I mentioned before

when I create a new user in user management, the email send to it for setting a password,

but the email won't be changed according to the post you mentioned 

and this is the email:

Jira is the project tracker for teams building great software. Log in now to track your issues and tasks, collaborate with your team, and stay on top of project activity.

0 votes
Farhaad_n May 22, 2023

anyyyyone? 

0 votes
Farhaad_n May 21, 2023

Can anyone help me with the issue? I really need this 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events