Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customers disappear on creation

Jiraadmin November 25, 2020

Hello, 

we prepared our System for weeks now und we need to add our customers today. When we add customers to a project I get the message that the customer has been added successfully and they should receive an invitation E-mail. When I reload the customers Page in the project the customer dissapeared. The customer does get an invitation E-mail but when he presses the link it says it's expired. I Invite users as the Project/Site Admin.

3 Weeks ago it worked just fine in the testing stage and we didn't change site permissions since.

9 answers

2 votes
André October 28, 2021

We're currently facing the same issue. Anybody knows how this got fixed?

Steps to reproduce:

• Create an organization within a service-desk project.
  • Add customer to this org. 
  • The customer is added to the org. but disappears shortly after.
Volodymyr Sokolovskyi November 1, 2021

Have absolutely the same issue. 

Raised a ticket to Atlassian support.

Like # people like this
Volodymyr Sokolovskyi November 1, 2021

Update:

Atlassian support guys have fixed my issue pretty fast.

Thanks!

Mónica Gamarra December 15, 2021

Hi 

I'm facing the same problem at this moment, can you share the solution?

1 vote
Alexandre FONTENAILLE October 12, 2023

Hello, 

We also encountered this strange behavior : we added today 2 customers to an organization, but when we refresh the organization page, all people previously added disappeared. 

Any idea about what happens ?

Rafael Lambelin October 12, 2023

Haha that's pretty funny, I'm having the issue exactly today as well.

If it's any consolation (especially since nobody has mentioned this here it seems), for us it usually resolves itself after an hour max 2 on it's own.

It seems to be some kind of caching issue. (it might not be the same for you, just saying it might be worthwhile also trying again in an hour or so)

Alexandre FONTENAILLE October 12, 2023

Hello Rafael, 

Good to know we were not alone :D
Effectively, after waiting for a moment, it resolved itself : the customers list is finally correctly displayed. 

0 votes
Michael Mann December 8, 2023

I am facing the same issue and it has not been resolved. Customers are stating that they have not been able to view tickets for weeks.

0 votes
Marta Adzgauskaite December 7, 2022

I am facing the same issue.

0 votes
Moran Schneider November 29, 2022

Hey,

I'm facing the same problem.
Any solution for this issue ?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2022

Hi @Moran Schneider , this is a pretty old post, and I kind of doubt that your issue is the same. It could be that there is some regression, and this needs to be reported to Atlassian support. However, feel free to share the details of exactly what you are experiencing some things to answer:

• is this happening on multiple projects?
  • Are these customers in organizations?
  • Do the customers appear initially and then disappear?
  • What happens if one of the customers that disappears attempts to open a ticket?
Moran Schneider November 29, 2022

Sorry it was in the wrong post.

I have problem with disappearing customer right after I add them to the organization.

lets say, I have my Email to ORG-IT, right after I refreshed the E-mail is gone, without any error or something to troubleshooting.

Adding a new Customer:

Befor.png

getting the notification:

no error.png

refreshed the site and then:

after.png

the customer disappear.

Thank you for your reply! @Jack Brickey 

Moran Schneider March 13, 2023

By the way, about this error,
it doesn't show the customers that you added to the ORG
BUT
it still works and adds the customers to the ORG that you assigned them to

0 votes
Rafael Fehlberg December 8, 2020

We are having same issue here. Yesterday we tried to create 4 times same customer, every time said that worked. But after refreshing the page, this customer disappeared.

0 votes

Works again for me.

0 votes
Kevin Hayashi November 25, 2020

I'm experiencing the same exact issue.  This is a fresh install with default settings and when I add a customer it sends out the invitation but the link is invalid.  Going back to the customers, the list is empty.

I tried creating a new organization and adding the user to the organization but that did not work either.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2020

do you have any organizations if so please check in them for the missing customers. also go to project settings > people and look there. finally go to admin (COG) > user management > jira service management and check there.

Kevin November 25, 2020

We have the exact same problem. Though i can confirm the customers get added to the site but not to the project and are not selectable in any list inside the project.

Ok as of now it works again for me

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 1, 2021

Thanks. Indeed it appears to have been an issue/bug that Atlassian has addressed.

Emmanuel F-D February 11, 2022

@Jack Brickey Any news on this bug, I have the same issue/problem on my projects.

when I add the customer I get the message that the customer has been added successfully like always. When I reload the page the customer dissapeared and when I try to search (on the search bar) the members on the project I'm able to see the name of the customer that I have added but When I click the organization folder I dont see the customer name and email address on the list. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 11, 2022

Hi @Emmanuel F-D , You might want to reach out to Atlassian support directly. I am not seeing this issue myself.

Like Emmanuel F-D likes this
dayton February 11, 2022

Hey @Emmanuel F-D , we started seeing this same issue today.  I opened a ticket with support this morning but no response yet.  

Like Emmanuel F-D likes this
Emmanuel F-D February 11, 2022

@dayton I also opened a ticket in the afternoon, let me know if they answer you during the next days

Like dayton likes this
dayton February 14, 2022

@Emmanuel F-D Here is the bug that the Atlassian Support Team linked me to: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-78408.

Here is their statement on the issue:

At this moment we don't have a workaround for this, checking the database we can see that the customers are listed inside the organization. Checking the portal they can also their organization's tickets. This bug is only affecting the organization list in the UI.
The developers are investigating this issue and as soon as we have additional information we will update it in the bug report.

Like # people like this
dongbin_yang March 13, 2023

same problem here!!

Joseph Baker-Coady August 16, 2023

Same here too. I tried adding to ORG and without. same issue. the user gets an email but the customer account is no longer there.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events