Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customers can't see attachment in service portal

Jimmy Chiou September 23, 2019

My issue is related to this to the following issue:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Cant-see-attachments-in-service-desk/qaq-p/867834#U1185420

I turned on the renderer to wiki style renderer but I still can't see the attachments that were attached to the ticket from the customer end.  Was wondering what else needs to be done?

2 answers

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2019

Hi Jimmy,

I tried to replicate this issue here, but it works adding an attachment and also creating a ticket through email with a signature and attachments.

Is it happening only with attachments on the description?

Have you tried adding an attachment on the description after the ticket is created?

Regards,
Angélica

Bruno Portugal February 6, 2020

Hi Angélica,

I think I'm facing the same issue.

I am not able to see the attachments on the customer portal if the assignee simply inserts it on an issue.  However if after inserting the attachement on the issue, I reference it by inserting it on a public comment, the attachment becomes visible to the customer inside the comment.

Do you know if there is any solution to show the attachment at the very moment it is inserted on the issue? I would like to do that because there are some cases on my project where it's required that the assignee inserts an attachment on a transition screen and it should be visible to the requester of the issue. 

Thank you,

Bruno

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2020

Hi @Bruno Portugal

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

What you mentioned is an expected behavior, because in the customer portal the field "Attachments" is not visible, so if an agent only adds an attachment without sharing as a public comment, the customer won't be able to see, since that area that shows attachments in the agent view, is not visible to customers.

In this case, every time an attachment is added, the agent will have to share it as a comment for the customer to receive the notification and view the image in the portal.

Regards,
Angélica

Peter Friberg May 29, 2020

Need some clarification here on "...so if an agent only adds an attachment without sharing as a public comment, the customer won't be able to see..."

The agent wants to share attachments to the customer. The agent do "attach files" from the more menu, or by doing browse in the attachments section.

Case 1:

• The agent do "Share with customer" in the add attachment dialog, without leaving a comment.
  • Attachments are NOT shown in the portal view.

Case 2:

• The agent do "Share with customer" in the add attachment dialog, and leaves a comment "Files comes here".
  • Attachments are shown in the portal view with the comment.

Conclusion: The agent must know that a comment must be written in order to share the files. The agent is not informed about that.

Desired Behaviour: The add attachments dialog shall inform the agent that a comment must be written in order to share the attachment.
OR
The function should write a default comment if no comment from the agent is provided.

Like Neil Xu likes this
Julio Cesar Silveira June 2, 2020

Hi Peter,

This problem is related in Bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-6706, upgrade to Jira Service Desk 4.8.0 ou higher to resolve.

Regards

Like Peter Friberg likes this
Peter Friberg June 5, 2020

Ah, thanks! Didn't find that bug.

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2019

Jimmy

Is the field on the screen?
Do you've attachments permissions in the project?
Is the field hidden?

Victor

Jimmy Chiou September 24, 2019

The field is not on the screen and the end user can't see the attachments that we put on the ticket.

Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 10.01.18 AM.png

Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2019

Jimmy

Add the Attachment field to the screen. 

Victor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events