Customer with Atlassian licence cannot access Jira desk customer portal

Margaux G_ February 1, 2021

Hello,

I configured my Jira Desk project to only allow customers I added to access the portal. One of them already has an Atlassian account with her own organisation and cannot access my portal after being invited. Every time she clicks on the link (in the invitation or goes directly to the portal), she is redirected to her Atlassian start page.

What can I or her organisation do to let her use my portal?

Thank you for your help

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2021

Hello @Margaux G_,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Testing on my local site, when a customer that already has an Atlassian account is invited to a project, the invitation link will redirect them to the customer portal to add a full name and a password.

What may be happening, in this case, is that she is logged in with more than one account and she might be using the incorrect one that doesn't have access to the portal.

Can you please ask her to access the email using an incognito window? This is just to make sure that there is no conflict between accounts.

You can also go to User management > Jira Service Management where there is the option "Change password". Then, send her the link to the portal (xxxxxxx.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals) and the password you created so she can log in, and after that, she can change it on her profile. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 18.43.43.png

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Margaux G_ February 3, 2021

Hi Angélica,

Thank you for your answer.

Our client gave up and used her personal email address instead. That's unfortunate beceause that's not how it should be but I'm hoping she will the only one in this case.

Anyway, I'm saving your answer for our future users :)

Regards

Like # people like this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

can you verify that they only exist as a customer in the project in question and that they are not in a group/role that has Permissions to access the issues via the app directly, e.g. browse.

Margaux G_ February 1, 2021

I added her through the customer configuration. And in the project settings, People section, we're only 2 : my manager and me.I can't find her anywhere else.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

go to admin > user management and see if they exist there. If so check what groups/roles they are in and what products they have access to. Finally check in the project under project settings > Permissions and see if any of the group/role the user is has Browse permissions.

Margaux G_ February 2, 2021

We checked and she is in the same group as our other customers which is Jira Service Managment and she only appears here.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 2, 2021

If you go to project settings > people what role(s) is she in?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events