Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer-specific request types

Ali Aydın January 22, 2021

Hello there,
Can I create separate forms for customer groups?
For example, a customer group can only see the Request type assigned to it, etc.
Or what can I do so that customers can access and see certain request types?
Respects

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2021

Request types within a project are visible to all customers of that specific project. If you wanted different request types per customer organization then you might consider separate projects.

Ali Aydın January 23, 2021

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your fast response,

I created the new project, but the user I defined can still see all Request types of other projects on the portal.
How can I prevent this?

Regards

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2021

This sounds like the portal needs some tuning still.
Did you go through all aspects of the linked documentation below?
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/categorize-customer-requests-into-request-types/

Especially as you say you want not to have all Request Types in there this should help:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/delete-request-types-from-your-service-project/

In case you can't figure it out a screenshot would be helpful with some explanation what you see but what is intended.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2021

agree w/ Daniel. If a customer can see projects that they should not have access to then simply put they are a customer of that project and need to be removed. Possibly  this customer has been placed in an organization that is then added to various projects. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events