• We're using CRM for JIRA to store customer attributes – name, environments, products, etc.
• The JIRA service desk "organization" setup has been set to automatically add any customer created in CRM (Using the integration option)
• CRM customer dependency is enabled so that the customer sees only those values which make sense to them
E.g., if a customer doesn't have product X, they should not see it in the product dropdown.
• While creating a ticket from the customer portal, a customer would obviously not select the "customer name" field, so it is hidden from the form.
• BUT, due to this, the dependency for the rest of the fields like env, product, etc. fails to work. Since there is no parent customer name to select from.
Is there a way to make this work while retaining the designed dependency? Any alternatives if not? We really want customers to only see information that is relevant to them.
I`m Liyya from Teamlead support team.
We`ve seen your request and leave an answer on the ticket.
For those who also face this issue - for now, there is no known workaround here, but as the feature is very needed by our customers we`re already searching for ways to implement it.
On October 20, 2021, Atlassian published a security advisory for Jira Service Management. The full advisory is available at this link. We've seen a number of questions already asking for...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events