Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer does not get email when the issue is created though the portal

Shpendi Rakipi July 15, 2020

Dear all,

I have a situation regarding a project in Jira Service Desk. At the moment I am managing more than 15 projects connected to the same Notification Scheme and I have a problem with only one project.

When the customers creates the issue through the Portal, they don't get the automatic reply "Just confirming that we  got your request. We're on it".

So, the notification scheme is the same for all projects, and I also checked under Customer Notification and Request created is enabled.

Can someone help me understand what is going on? What should I check next? How can I fix it?

Many thanks in advance,
Shpendi

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2020

Hello @Shpendi Rakipi

Thank you for reaching out.

The notification scheme of your projects is used to manage only the internal notifications of your agents, so it does not affect the notifications to your Service desk customers, unless they are also added as a Jira user/agent in your site.

That being said, please follow the steps below to properly check what could be causing your customers to don't receive the issue creation notifications:

1. Navigate to your Service desk project > Project settings > Customer notifications
  2. Click to edit the Request Created notification
  3. Check if the reporter of the issue is properly added to receive the notification:
    Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 18.19.30.png
  4. If the reporter of the issue is also added as an Agent, ask the user to check under his Personal settings if all the correct notification options are flagged:
    Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 18.25.43.png
    Also, since the user is an agent, confirm if he is properly added to the "Issue Created" under Project Settings > Notifications.
  5. Ask the user to check if the notifications are not arriving in the Spam folder. Also, confirm if the IP ranges and Domains in the documentation below are properly  whitelisted on the firewall and e-mail server of his account:
    Atlassian cloud IP ranges and domains 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Shpendi Rakipi July 22, 2020

Thank you @Petter Gonçalves ,

We did check it with another customer and it seems to be working. Probably it falls under category 5.

Have a good day,
Shpendi

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2020

You are welcome @Shpendi Rakipi

Have a nice day!

Madineni March 14, 2021

Hi @Petter Gonçalves ,

I'm also facing the same issue, only in one projects, the customer not receiving this notification and I have checked all the 5 steps mentioned above, still the issue not resolved.

I'm guessing this is due to the following problememail request1.PNGCould you please provide your thoughts on this issue. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events