Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer cannot be set as reporter

Deleted user August 17, 2020

Afternoon, I have a strange issue.  We have a single customer that cannot be assigned as a reporter.  This customer can email our servicedesk and it will make a issue for them as a reporter but if a servicedesk tech creates an issue for them they cannot set them as the reporter.  We have hundreds of customers that we regularly created issues for but for some reason only this one customer can not be set as reporter.  The techs cannot see the customer when they search reporter but can add her under request participant.

Troubelshooting:
Checked all permissions, techs have permission to set reporter
I have removed and recreated the customer in our user admin

No luck, any idea what else I can try?

2 answers

0 votes
Patrick de Vries November 21, 2023

Hello,

I have a similar issue with some of my customers making issues but not becoming a reporter. What happens instead is that the reporter becomes one of the project admins. 

I have tried the suggestions mention in this post, but these users (from the ones that we know) do not have a duplicate. These users are also not in a group that cannot create requests. 

What is happening?

Thanks in advance! 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2020

I assume the agent is using "Raise a request"

I assume the agent cannot find the customer in the "on behalf of" or maybe they find them but it fails somehow?

Ideas - check your User management for the possibility of duplicate users and maybe one is revoked.

Deleted user August 17, 2020

Correct, they are in the project in question and choose "create" and then in the "Raise this request on behalf of" field they search for her but cannot find her.  There is no error she simply doesn't appear.  Also, if they go to an issue with another user as the reporter and try to search there it cannot locate her.  But the request participant field it works fine.

I have checked for duplicate users but cannot find one.

PhilSpo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2020

Is the user in question in a user group that cant 'create requests' in the project but can be a participant?

Phil

Deleted user August 19, 2020

Hi Phil sorry for the late response.  All our customers can submit issues and be the report including this user.  The only issue I am facing is when one of my techs tries to assign her as the reporter.  She doesn't show at all in that case.  She is not in any special group, none of our other customers are either.

Like Guro likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events