Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Portal customise fields so using tab key to move through fields is in a specific order

sharon wells August 15, 2018

When the customer uses the tab key to move through the fields on the request form in the portal it jumps around the screen. Can we customise the order of fields that the tab key will go to?

2 answers

0 votes
Joan Concilio May 18, 2023

This is an old issue, but I came across it because I have the same request. In our case, we have used the columns feature to arrange a number of small fields side by side on desktop to reduce scrolling. We want the tabbing through the fields to follow a standard reading order - top left, top right, second from the top left, second from the top right, etc. However, by default they are going down the first column, then down the second. I understand that being a default, but it does seem like something that should be adjustable based on accessibility best practices.

0 votes
Chung Park Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2018

We haven't come across such behavior. Could you help us with a couple of questions to narrow down the scope?

• Is it affecting specific browsers?
  • Does it occur to all Request Types?
  • What version of Jira Service Desk installed?
  • What fields were added to the Request Type?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events