cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Portal: Choose whether you need search

Christian Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2021

Hi,

our technical department uses Jira Service Desk and its Customer Portal to track issues. There is no confluence or other knowledge base connected.

On the costumer portal, there is a search bar. According to this manual, you should be able to remove the search bar as of version 4.18.

Configuring the customer portal | Jira Service Management Data Center and Server 4.19 | Atlassian Documentation

When I go to Project settings > Portal settings, there is no "search" option to configure.

Is this a bug or do I look at the wrong place?

Any help is very much appreciated.

2021-10-07 08_27_20-Portaleinstellungen - Serviceprojekt und 4 weitere Seiten - Geschäftlich – Micro.png

1 answer

0 votes
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2021

Hi @Chris Schneider 

I don't think it is possible in Jira by default.

Please have a look to this feature ticket:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-2488

But if you want that it can be done through marketplace plugin: 

I found a plugin for this and it's free. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.itransition.csam.helpcenter-corrector/server/overview

Install and select the 2 checkbox's in the configuration page.

it will remove from the help center and from the portal pages

Hope this helps. 

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2021

well the documentation the question asker links to mentions it is possible from v4.18.0 ..

image.png

Christian Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2021

@Mayur Jadhav 

Thank you for your reply. If you have a look at the feature request that you posted: it is fixed with Jira Service Desk Version 4.18.1. So, it should be possible, but the provided manual does not help. So either I don't understand the manual, or its wrong or it's a bug.

Was anybody able to follow the steps for this configuration successfully?

Like sean likes this
sean March 21, 2024

I don't have that section in the Portal Setting screen. Ha anyone been able to do this in the 9 years people have been asking for it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events