cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Notifications - Issue key with Hyperlink

Suzi Firth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2022

Hi JSM Gurus,

I'm in need of a bit of help with my customer notifications.

I've managed to add this beautiful line to my customer notifications so it shows the issue key:

Capture.JPG

I would like to enhance this by having the issue key show as hyperlink to the ticket itself (kind of like how there is the View Request button in the footer of the email, but within the context of the email). 

I tried using the link button but it doesn't seem to work:

Capture.JPG

Any ideas on how to get this to work?

Thanks,

Suzi

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2022

@Suzi Firth -

Welcome to the community.  Here is what you need to do - Unfortunately, you cannot use ${request.url} variable when creating the URL link to the issue using the markdown syntax

Example -

2022-08-11_8-56-49.png

The solution is - Manually setup the URL portion using following

https://yoursite/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/${issue.key}

2022-08-11_9-02-29.png

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suzi Firth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2022

Hi Joseph,

Thanks so much this worked an absolute treat! :)

Auke Visman January 11, 2023

Thanx Joseph for the work around!
This does work since setting an url with brackets and pipe doesn't work any more.

3 votes
Ward DIJKHUIS
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2022

Hi Suzi, you can insert the following notation manually instead of using the link generator:

[${issue.key}|${request.url}] 

Marlon Acantilado April 26, 2023

I also use this

Natasha Richardson November 7, 2023

worked for me as well! thanks. I wonder, how did you figure this out? Is this part of their cloud documentation somewhere?

0 votes
Heather Marquez October 3, 2023

Hi @Ward Dijkhuis and @Marlon Acantilado - Can either of you provide info on how to remove the "BB-8" from the subject line and body of the message?

In the screenshot below for testing, I see that there and it does not look that professional.

Thank you in advance!

Heather Marquez October 26, 2023

@Joseph Chung Yin - I didn't receive or find a solution to my question above on the "BB-8". By chance would you know about this? Thank you!

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2023

@Heather Marquez -

In the Context section box, you can just remove ${issue.key} to remove it from the message.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events