Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Notification for Workflow Transition Claims Status Was Changed by User

Egan McComb November 2, 2020

On our Service Desk project, we have automatic email notifications to the customer on workflow transition.

We also have the workflow configured to automatically transition between "Waiting for Customer" and "Waiting for Support" whenever an agent or customer leaves a comment. I have looked to see how this was configured, but I haven't found it (it is not a transition trigger in the workflow).

When workflow transitions occur as above, for some reason it sets the Site Admin's name as the agent who changed the status, even though the status was changed automatically.

"First Last changed the status to Waiting for support."

1. Where is the configuration for the automatic workflow transition based on customer/agent comment on the issue?
  2. How to configure the supposed originator of the transition to not be a person?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Egan McComb November 2, 2020

Looks like I fell victim to the UI changing out from under me.

Atlassian just launched "Automation" and moved the previous Automation rules to "Legacy Automation". This is how the automatic workflow transitions were accomplished.

While editing a rule, there is a gear icon in the upper right that allows the option of "Run rule as".

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events