Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Notification can't add "Added participants"

Franziska Remmele April 14, 2020

Hi, 

I tried to add in the "To" field of the customer notifications the "Added Participants" as it's written in the documentation (https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver0316/managing-service-desk-notifications-961789275.html) .
But I can't add anything else than Reporter or Customers involved. 
We reproduced the same problem in a different Jira instances with a different version, the first one is Version 3.16.9 the other one is 4.1. so it can't be a problem of the versions.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mitchell Wilkins May 5, 2020

What if you only want notifications to go to specific people and not the whole organization, i.e. you want an organization to still see and search for the ticket in the portal, but only want the participants to get the email? Is there no way to accomplish this without sending an email to an entire organization?

Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2020

I believe that's the whole point of Organizations in Jira. All members of the same organization can see each others ticket. But only Request participants get notified.

The exception is if you use the "organization added" notification. That will email all members of the organization once, so they can choose to add themselves as request participants if they want further updates.

Like Bojana likes this
0 votes
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2020

I believe "Added Participants" only works with the "Participant Added" notification. What notification are you trying to add them to?

Franziska Remmele April 15, 2020

To all Servicedesk customer notification, especially create and commets.

If I understand it correctly in the documentations it should be possible to add these address antes:
Reporter (customer): The reporter of the request.

This notification is sent even if the reporter has opted out of receiving notifications on the customer portal.

Customers involved
All customers involved on the request, including the reporter and request participants.

This notification is not sent to customers if they have turned off notifications for an individual request in the portal or a request's email thread.

Added participants The people who have been added as request participants.
Added organizations The people in an organization that the request has been shared with.
Approvers The people who need to approve or decline a request.
Exclude person who caused the action Prevents the person who triggered the rule from receiving a notification. For example, if a customer adds a comment to a request, you can choose to exclude them so they don't receive a notification about their own comment.

I can only add reporter or customers involved

Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2020

Once they have been added, then they are included in Customers involved in any further notifications. That's why its only valid for the participants added notification. 

(the reason it is in that one is so that you can chose if you want existing request participants get notified that someone was added or not. )

Franziska Remmele April 16, 2020

Sorry but I still don't understand why I can't change the To from Customers Invovled to Added participants.

Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2020

Which notification are you trying to add them to?

You can only add "Added Participants" to the "Participant added" notification.

"Added participants" represents the group of users to are about to be added to the issue. 

Once a participant has been added (and the "participant added" notification has been sent) then the user is no longer an added participant, they are just part of Customers Involved"

Thats why you can only add them to the "participant added" notification. At all other times, there are no users in the "added participants" group.

Franziska Remmele April 21, 2020

Thanks, I think now i Understood my mistake

Jaswanth P August 20, 2020

Hi, I have a scenario where I want to send customer notifications to only the participants and not the organization. Though the organization must be added(to 'see' the ticket) they should not get notified of a comment unless the members are explicitly added as participants.

How can we achieve this? Thanks in advance!

Bojana March 30, 2023

Hi All,

Let me share with you the answer I got from Atlassian and I can confirm it is working as expected. Actually JSM supports what we are trying to achive. :)

All what you have to do is to either disable "Organization added notification" completely or to set To: Customer Involved instead of Added Organisationfor the "Organization added" notification. Once you do any of the above you will ensure that only reporter and request participants receive any other notifications and not the entire organization even if the organization is set in the issue. So, Organisation-added settings mainly manage the notification that is sent to people in the Organisation.

But please note that this will impact all notifications and when you share a ticket manually with an organisation it won't trigger a notification to all customers from the organisation but to users who are added as request participants and also belong to the same organisation.

One more thing which is worth mentioning is that even if you would use "Organization added notification" and set To: Added Organisation, the organization members would get only one notification where they are informed about the issue and suggested to visit the portal in order to view the request and select Get notifications to follow along, meaning no further notifications will be sent unless they visit the portal and select Get notifications for this issue.

There is no official documentation about this, but as I have heard it is on the way!

Hope this helps! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events