Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom field not visible on a request type portal view

Gueroihi Anas June 5, 2023

Hello, I have created a customfield and added it to 2 request types but it is visible in only one. In the one where it is not visible, it's showing the bellow (screenshot) error message.

Any idea how to make it visible ?

Screenshot (1).png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Najjar _Innovura_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 5, 2023

If you have created a custom field and added it to two request types, but it is only visible in one of them and shows an error message in the other, there could be a few possible reasons for this issue. Here are a few things you can check to make the custom field visible:

1. Field Configuration: Ensure that the custom field is added to the field configuration scheme associated with both request types. The field configuration scheme determines which fields are displayed for different issue types.
  2. Field Context: Verify that the custom field is added to the appropriate field context for both request types. Field contexts determine the projects and issue types where a field is available.
  3. Project Configuration: Ensure that both request types are associated with the same project. If they belong to different projects, you need to configure the custom field separately for each project
Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2023

Hi @Najjar _Innovura_ ,

I'm having the same issue, where I added the custom fields in the Request form tab. But in the Issue view tab, the fields are not visible. One example is Office Location field.

fields not visible.png

For your suggestion ....

1. Field Configuration: Ensure that the custom field is added to the field configuration scheme associated with both request types. The field configuration scheme determines which fields are displayed for different issue types.

Where exactly I could find this field configuration? The custom field Office Location is associated to issue types of: Incident/Service Request/Change Request/Problem. Screenshots above are from Service Request issue type.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events