Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating tickets via email

Paulo José August 27, 2020

When I'm having problems receiving calls coming by e-mail, I created an e-mail and configured it, but it's giving an error according to the attached print. The e-mail arrives in my box, but does not convert into a ticket.

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-27 at 19.41.20.jpeg

2 answers

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2020

Hello Paulo,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The error message on the log means that the customer that is sending the email doesn't have permission/was not added to the project. 

There are two options to fix that:

1 - Manually add the customer to the project.

Go to Project > Customers > Add customers. After that, if they send an email again, the ticket will be created.

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 14.30.45.png

2 - Allow customers to create their own accounts. 

Using this option anyone that sends an email to your service desk will be automatically added to the project and the tickets will be created with no issue.

To do that, it's necessary to change two settings: 

Go to Project settings > Channels > Customer permissions (next-gen) or Project settings > Customer permissions (classic) and let the project open to anyone with an account on the site > Save.

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 13.47.48.png

After that, you can click on "Change the global settings" or go to Cog icon > Products > Under Jira Service Desk, click on Configuration.

On this page, you need to change "Can customers create their own accounts?" to "Yes, by signing up or sending a request".

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 14.10.14.png

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Kevin August 28, 2020

I had the same problem.

There is a workaround:

- Reset the configured Jira-email back to default: support@[yourcompany].atlassian.net

- Create a new Email address in your companys email server f.e. issues@[yourcompany].com and forward/redirect all mails recieved by that a to the default jira email. Works for me at least.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events