Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating report with grouping by custom field

Steven Miller April 22, 2021

We have a custom field setup for a customer group code. Multiple customers can have this code, so the help desk person fills it out when they take a call and open a ticket. This is  simple number field.

We would like to setup a report for this in order to find out which 'customer groups' are opening the most tickets over a certain time period.

We also have a custom field for 'ticket type' which includes various support reasons. It would be ideal to have an additional report that breaks down the total tickets by each customer group into these types, but my intention is to get the above report working first.

1 answer

0 votes
Vando Goncalves _e-Core_ April 23, 2021

Hi Steven! How are you doing?

Let's see if I can help you.

If I understood correctly, you want to have a report of created tickets created, and know how many were created by each Customer Group, which is a Custom Field, right?

If this is correct, you can do the following:

Go to your Reports, and select the option to create a new report.

Name it, and Select the option Add Series.

In the new Screen, select:

Created as Series

Label it's the name of the series you're creating (It can be, for example, Group #)

Filter by you can use a JQL, to filter by "Customer Group = #"

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 18.53.32.png

Hope this address your issue.

Best Regards!

Steven Miller April 26, 2021

Hi, this is helpful but is there any way to select all possible values for this field? These are manually entered by the service desk and groups can be added and removed by another business unit, so we only know current ones when a user calls in with an issue and it is entered.

Something like a wildcard character or option that would enter every possible 'customer group' value for the series.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events