Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating cascading select lists in insight

Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
April 8, 2022

Is it possible to create what is essentially a cascading select list with Insight objects? The Atlassian docs (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-configure-insight-custom-fields-as-cascading-select-list-1097172127.html) seem to indicate this is possible, but there is no solution given.

Any ideas on how to limit the selection of an object in an attribute field, based on another object attribute value?

e.g. similar to the example in the Atlassian docs, I have an object type that has a book and author attribute field, both of which are also insight object types. If I choose an author object attribute value the list of book objects I can choose for the book attribute should be limited to a subset of all book objects, for example:

author 1 -> [book A, book B]

author 2 -> [book C, book D, book E]

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2022

Hi @Linda Milne_Togetha Group_ 

Let's assume the following setup:

Author (object Type)
- Name (text attribute)

Book (object type)
- Name (text attribute)
- Author (object picker attribute referring to object type Author)

Other (Object Type)
- Name (text attribute)
- Author (object picker attribute referring to object type Author)
- Book (object picker attribute referring to object type Book)

In the "Other" object type, you can configure the "Book" attribute with "Filter Objects". If you add below IQL in the box, your "Book" select will only show options for Books with the Author equal to the currently selected one.

"Author" IN ${Author}

I hope this is a little clear :)

Kind regards
Jorden

Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
April 10, 2022

Thats great! Thank you 😁👍

Like Jorden Van Bogaert likes this
Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2022

Hi @Linda Milne_Togetha Group_ 

Glad it helps! :D 
Could you perhaps mark my answer as accepted? That will allow others to find it more quickly as well.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events