Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an automation task

Jodie Maczek February 1, 2021

I am trying to create a simple automation task to remind customers if they have not replied to their issue within a certain amount of time.

status = "Waiting for Customer" and updated < "-2w"

This is what I am using but I cant seem to get it to work.  Basicaly what I want is if the status is set to Waiting for Customer and they have not replied for 2 weeks I want a note to go into the issue reminding the client we have not heard from them.

Has anyone had an issue with creating an automation task?

thanks

Jodie

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

Hi @Jodie Maczek 

Something like this?

image.png

What did not work for you?

Jodie Maczek February 2, 2021

Hi Fazila,

Yes, just like that.  Here is mine.  I was thinking to check this every 17 days but I can change that to check every day.  I had originally not put the -2w in comma's but upon searching this site for help they suggest putting them in so this is what I have setup.  It just doesnt seem to run.  I know I have issues that fit the conditions of this.

automation rule.PNG

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2021

@Jodie Maczek  , can you change the schedule to 1 day and check?

For a daily schedule, what ever tickets are not updated in last 2 weeks from that day will be actioned on..

When you run in every 17 days, that would make many tickets wait for more than 2w..

When you run the search query in the issue navigator, how many tickets gets returned for the project?

Jodie Maczek February 2, 2021

Thanks for getting back to me Fazila, I have made that change and rerun.  I have checked a few older issues and I am thinking the problem may be that I have in the rule "and updated"  

What I am trying to achieve is this:   An issue is actioned, status is set to Waiting for Customer.  The customer doesnt get back to us for more than 2 weeks so we want to put a prompt note on the issue about getting back to us.  The problem is that if we are still waiting on the customer to get back to us but we may for example change the assignee internally but still need customer feedback, it seems that is counted as an update so will not send out a prompt note as per the automated task.

When I remove the and updated then validate I receive this:

task error.PNG

I just can't work out how to fix this.  Can you help me please.

thanks

Jodie

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2021

@Jodie Maczek  , then you could filter on the status changed date

some thing like

status = "Waiting for customer" and not status changed after -2w

Jodie Maczek February 4, 2021

Thanks Fazila,

I have made this change.  It returned 6 issues of which 3 had the rule run on them 3 days ago but they still came up in the list.  Does the -2w mean less than?  I want it to be greater than 2 weeks.  Anything older than 2 weeks.

Thanks

Jodie

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2021

-2w = after 2weeks.

status = "Waiting for customer" and not status changed after -2w  => Currently status is waiting for customer and the status is not changed after last 2 weeks

Jodie Maczek February 7, 2021

Thank you Fazila for your help.  That has been very helpful and sorted the problem for me.

Like Fazila Ashraf likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events